FLA enjoys public confidence through consistently superior professionalism, integrity and customer satisfaction.
Our mission is to provide an environment of transparency and integrity in the regulation of firearms and ammunition used by Jamaican Residents. We will do this by having highly trained, professional staff providing high quality service to our individual applicants, Dealers, Range Operators, Trainers, Security Companies and other customers. As a part of the national security infrastructure of Jamaica, we will also ensure that the integrity and completeness of our database of firearms records are maintained at high standards, and will also seek to maintain excellent communication with the other members of the national security infrastructure under the umbrella of the Ministry of National Security.
- To provide a decision for 90% of all new firearm applications within twelve months
- To process 90% of renewals within twenty five minutes
- To perform annual audits on:
o 100% of security companies
o 100% of Dealers, Range Operators, Gunsmiths and Trainers
- To maintain 100% compliance with Ministry of Finance and Planning cash flow and revenue target standards
- To have qualified staff for the post assigned:
o 80% of existing staff qualified for the post assigned
o 100% of new staff qualified for the post assigned
- To implement Enterprise Software System
- To maintain 100% quality and completeness of FLA databases